Thursday, July 07, 2011

Ashley's Art

I saw that Ashley had finished this today & scanned it, so I decided I'd share some of her artwork this time. She copied the scene off a mug that Clay brought her from his trip to NY. And my artwork of the day was a page 'just because'.....no particular challenge or anything. I had the picture laying out for one of the Blue Plate Specials at CUC this week.....to scrap a special occassion & use Black & White. I kept piddling with it the other day, but it just wasnt' working for me. I know there is definitely some predominant black in the photo....but I kept picking up on the yellow in Sarah's top along with the pink flower petals. I'm really happy with the way this turned out....I think the yellow & pink with just a touch of black really worked with this photo.


The paper is some old Basic Grey. I used some old sheet music....spritzed it with walnut ink & crumpled it some. The little yellow beaded border element under the photo & also at the top were down the side of the music....I just colored it with colored pencils & used it for trim. I also layered some circles cut from the music to make my flower. The leaves, butterfly & other flowers were fussy-cut from the rest of that same BG piece of paper. And I punched a few more smaller butterflies out of a scrap of the pink scallop-y paper. This was Maw's surprise 70th birthday party last February.





2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Ashley's talented too! And Maw looks great.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Amy, what a gorgeous LO. Ashley has great talent too! Looking forward to getting to know you as well. I'm a new follower. I see I'm in good company! Cindy is great. ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/