Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Like Dandelion Dust

Any of you out there Karen Kingsbury fans? If so, you'll know where I got the title to this layout. I happened upon these pics of Clay & Chris the other week while digging through my photo files & when I realized they were blowing dandelions in the pics, I just knew what the title for my layout would be. Kind of a simple layout, really. The paper was from a pad that I got at Walmart & basically I just grouped the photos....did some fussy-sutting around the flowers/leaves. The main photo is pop dotted to give it some depth. (I used my red-neck version of 'pop-dots'.......some corrugated card board I had on hand. Hey it does the trick, right?!) More of those lovely alphas from Cindy. ;-) A few punched butterflies....punched from paint samples & journaling on a shipping tag. Oh yeah....& some crystal glitter glue on the butterflies & flowers.


Another OLD one of Chris. Same year here....1991....he was 2. This was for one of the Blue Plate challenges at CUC. We had to stitch on our layout & add 4 little 'critters'. I ran across this amazing net stitch technique here on Tracey's blog & just knew that I HAD to give it a try. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks, Tracey for the wonderful inspiration!! I always loved this pic of Chris.....he loved playing with his legos & he also loved that Sparks shirt that was handed down to him from Tim Birdwell.



2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

I love how you're using those alphas! And I love that little Chris and the dandelion shots. Have a good evening!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

These are gorgeous LO's, Amy! Love how your stitching turned out. Thanks for the link back to my blog too! I enjoy using new techniques as well! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/