Monday, August 15, 2011

4H, Entomology & Backpacks

This page was done for a sketch challenge & we were also supposed to use yearbook or school pictures. Since I couldn't readily put my hands on any of my own yearbook pictures from back in the day.....and neither Sarah nor any of my kids ever went to school to have yearbook pics, I decided to use what I had handy. I ran across this photo of Sarah with the Blue Ribbons that she won at the 4H show. Some of the fun learning experiences you can take advantage of when you Homeschool. The layout below, was done for an 'Entomology' challenge. We were 'collecting' fancy butterflies for our projects......meaning we were to create a pretty/fancy/extra-special butterfly to embellish our pages. I used a precut butterfly as the base & then fussy-cut another butterfly out of the patterned paper & stapled it on top of the other one. I then, painted the edges of both butterflies with crystal glitter glue & added some crystal bling to the wings.



For this challenge we were to use a backpack of some sort to decorate our pages.....or scrap photos or our kids with the new back packs heading back to school. Again, since we homeschool...I don't have photos like that so I chose to make these cute little 'Back 2 School' cards.








1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

All the layouts are very nice. . . my fave is the 4 H one!