Saturday, August 27, 2011

Highlights

...from Ashley's first week of college. You'll just have to indulge this mama a little bit here. LOL! Logan & Ashley going to the Freshman cookout.


Scavenger hunt with the Brother/Sister dorms.



In front of the 'Spirit Rock'.



Logan picked Ashley up & brought her to church last Sunday.



Ashley & her room-mate, Taheshah on their first day of classes....this past Monday morning. They both had History together, so that was nice.



First convo of the year.






***********************************




Well, we have the first week of college behind us now & all seems to be going well. Ashley is loving college life, her room-mates & for the most part, even her classes. She LOVES her Bible professor, her History prof & also her GNED prof. She says English will be her hardest class, but I guess that's to be expected. She's also excited about an upcoming 'field trip' with her photography class......in Oct, they will be taking a walking tour of downtown Lynchburg. She LOVES going downtown to take pictures so this will be a special treat for her.




I loved this little tid-bit that I read on my friend, Inger's blog last night & thought it was worth sharing here. She posted this as she sent her daughter, Shae, back to school at LU just the other week.


"ENTRUST YOUR LOVED ONES TO ME; release them into My protective care, They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one-as well as yourself.................When you release your loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do."

~~an excerpt from "Jesus Calling"


















2 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Looks like THAT girl is up and running and having a BALL!! I hope we can get those girls together sometime! I keep cruising tickets to Lynchburg, but they are ALL so expensive!! Glad you are handling the college girl being gone!!

Kaye said...

I'm glad it's going so well for her! So much better than Mason's college start last year which was awful. At one point Greg and I thought I was going to have to fly down there because things were so bad. Fortunately after two weeks or so, things settled down and he ended up having a blast. I can't imagine him being anywhere else!