Wednesday, August 10, 2011

One Week

One week from today we'll be moving our precious Ashley-Girl into her dorm at Liberty University. I'm sitting here typing through the tears this morning asking y'all to pray for me...for us (this is going to be real hard for daddy, I'm afraid)...as we walk through this door into another new chapter of our lives.

I was sitting outside this morning reading Stormie Omartian's The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children & I Just wanted to share this part with you:

"Lord, I rededicate (Ashley) to You. I pray she will serve You all the days of her life & that she will glorify You in every way. As long as she lives, I pray she will be uner Your watchful eye. I again release her into Your hands. In Jesus' name I pray.

Then worship God, as Hannah did & give glory to Him who is greater than anything you or your adult child faces now or will ever face in the future. Thank God for all the great gifts He has put into her. Praise Him for the wonderful tings He is going to do in her life through your prayers.

The only way to have peace about your adult child is to know that you have covered her in prayer. When you can say as Hannah did, "For this child I prayed!!"


**And just a little side note, but that's the VERY verse that we used on Ashley's birth announcements when we sent them out almost 18 years ago. What an awesome feeling to know that for 18+ years "For this child I have prayed!"**

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! I will be praying for you and the family! What a beautiful word from the Lord through the book! God's amazing and His ordination is all over her! How amazing that the same verse you used 18 years ago is the same verse He brought back to reassure and comfort you in this time! He is so good!