Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love for Life

Well, with Valentine's Day coming up, they had a special marriage conference at TRBC yesterday. I had really wanted to go.....mainly because Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar were going to be there. But Clay has to work on Saturdays. He didn't really realize that is was an all-day thing.....thought it was only for the evening & he was planning on surprising me with tickets at the last minute....he had Jon's help with this.....but when he found out it was an all-day event, starting in the morning, he knew it wouldn't work out. I told him that was ok......it was totally the thought that counted here. And I thought it was so sweet of him to want to surprise me at the last minute.
Sarah had told me way back that she had heard that the Duggars would be staying over & speaking at church today. But as time went along, I never heard a word about this & just figured that since they were speaking BEFORE lunch yesterday, that they would probably be heading back home immediately afterwards. Well, as we were standing there singing this morning, I leaned over to Ashley & said that guy down front sitting by Shari Falwell sure does look alot like Jim Bob.
And sure enough.......it was! They didn't speak.....they had to hustle out of there to be in NY, I think they said.....but Jonathan did introduce them.......after introducing the new sermon theme of  'The Family' that we will be on for the next several weeks. He read Psalms 127: 3-5 as a way of introducing them. 'Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them!!' He said he didn't know anyone with his quiver as full as Jim Bob! LOL! They are such a sweet couple & I was thrilled that they took time out of their busy schedule to be there with us.....even just for a little while this morning. The sermon after that was so good! How important it is for us to stop all the going & doing & running busy from one thing to the next all the while forgetting what is most important.......our family. Psalms 127:1 says,  'Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.' And here are the four main points:
1.  I will make God the center of my home.
2. I will not buy into the lies of this world.
3. I will depend on God (& God ALONE) to give me joy!
4. I will value my family more than I value wealth!!
Wow! That last one kinda hits home for alot families these days. Makes me ever so thankful for Clay & the role he fills as provider for our family. And that he's allowed me to stay at home all these years & fulfill MY role as wife/mom/educator/caretaker of our home/family. I know I've said it before.....but I truly am BLESSED!

No comments: