Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Making Valentines

Finally.....I was able to get a little scrapping done yesterday afternoon. I just haven't FELT like it in a few weeks. The only thing I can figure is that I burnt myself out with all the Christmas scrapping projects & then once all the deadlines were gone, I just kind of fizzled. Anyways......Here's the layout I did for the Crop Chef challenge at CUC.

Here are the 'ingredients' we were required to use-- punched shapes, doily, pet/animal pictures, dotted patterned paper. A special ingredient we were to use was a bottle cap (or if you didn't have any....any metal embellie would do.) So, since I didn't have any bottle caps, I used the little square metal paper clippie-thing.....at the top, that kind of got cut off in the scan....it has a piece of ribbon tied to it. We also had to double mat our photos & make photo corners out of ribbon.

I saw this adorable little owl card on Pinterest & decided I needed to give him a try. I held a piece of notebook paper up to the computer screen & traced the little guy then proceeded to make my paper piecing pattern. I love how he turned out. Pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
Okay....so with that first one made, I got to thinking that maybe I could scale the pattern down & make some smaller ones. I had a couple little gift enclosure sized blank cards that I had picked up from somewhere.....but not enough to make ALL my Valentines....so I had decided that I was just going to use them as a pattern to cut my own little card bases from card stock. But I noticed these big index cards I had sitting by the computer & thought Hmmmmmm........when folded in half they were just about the same size as I was wanting. So.....I thought why not. We are always using notebook paper & other office supplies on our scrapbook pages so why not use these index cards as my card base. Cute & inexpensive. Win. Win! The scan on those is a little washed out.....but I was too lazy to worry with fooling around with that this morning. You get the idea.

Now, I don't know why my dumb scanner decided to show these separately....& so big.....I scanned both together & these are the smallest of all the cards.....but whatever. I also found this idea on Pinterest (Pinterest is amazing!). These are the Valentines for all the little kids that will be at our party. I did blue shades for the boys & pinks for the girls. I love how the colors really pop against the kraft background. Oh & to give you an idea of the sizes......the owls on index cards are 3x4" & the little heart cards are 2 3/4x3".

2 comments:

Sandee said...

What adorable owls. I think I'll try one and use the idea for an art project with my grandkids!

Cindy Gay said...

You did a nice job. (You even added some feminine touches to the layout) Love the blue and white polka dot. Great dear too!