Saturday, May 04, 2013

Artsy-ness

Goodness, I need to 'Catch Up' again.....seems to be the story of my life. Oh well. To start off, I thought I'd share a few of my artsy projects. A couple of art journal pages & a card. This first one was done in honor of our dear friend, Darla, who went home to be with Jesus a few weeks ago. She loved butterflies & the 'New Life' they represented.......so that's why I chose to use the butterflies on this page.....in honor of the new life she has now in heaven.

A few weeks ago, Clay & I went to see 'Tarzan' at the LU Tower Theater. Such a fun date night with my hubby. I saved the play bill & cut out the letters for my art journal page & also cut out Tarzan. I copied the jungle trees from the cover of the play.....sketched them & then painted the trees & background. Added my cut-outs & then journaled about our evening.
My cousin is getting married today & this is the wedding card I made for them. They had the most awesome/unusual wedding invites. I really loved all the little details & so I decided to save the invitation & I took the whole bloomin' thing apart & recycled everything into this card.  I used everything from the map of the area (as my background) to the Baker's Twine across the top.

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

You are so artsy! I'll share some of my pages one of these days, but though they are therapeutic for me, they aren't artistic. Still, I love doing them, so that counts for something right?