Sunday, March 01, 2009

Some OLD pictures

Here are some of the layouts I've been working this past week. The ones here of Alli's birthday are the only 'New' pictures I've done....I ran across a handful of older pics & they just kind of struck my fancy & so that's what I've been working on. Still have more old ones I want to work on this afternoon too. Just some random shots from Alli's 10th BD....her cake, gifts, her, Ashley & Anna. The papers are all from a little 8x8 pad of MAMBI paper that I picked up from Michael's. The jouranling around the edge of the page tells about her day & all the gifts she got.
The summer I graduated from HS we flew out to Iowa to visit Aunt Vada & family for several days. In the top photo we have: Kristi, Mindy, Wedny, Sarah, Amy & Aunt Vada. The bottom photo of me was taken at Crown Point where Aunt Vada used to work. I'm not sure about the piece of red pp, but all the rest...scalloped border & cut out flowers are from an older line of BG. The title letters are from some Colorbok papers that I had. And the year was 1983. ;-)

Also from June of 1983.....Sarah playing in her little pool on the patio. These papers are also from an older line of BG....the tag & scraps of matching paper were some swap items that were sent to me from Tammy. Thanks girl, I think they worked perfectly with these pics.....such a fun, summery feel!

Me dressed as Raggedy Ann for Spirit Week at school back in Feb. 1981. This was totally done using scraps.....I couldn't even tell you paper lines or anything. I pulled that scrap of red from my scrap bag, cut the stars from a different piece of paper & the little alphas were cut from yet another piece of paper. I 'doodled' those black circles by tracing around my tacky glue bottle & did some pen-stitching around the red block of paper, then added the little journaling on a strip of notebook paper.




2 comments:

Sandee said...

You are amazing! Tell me, how did you cut those letters out for the word "splash"?

Amy said...

Sandee, I have tons of alpha templates.....I find that it's very cost-effective since the templates are reusable & you can do so many different things with them.