Tuesday, June 07, 2011

I Thought 'LOG' was a Color

Yesterday's Photo Fun prompt was 'Books'. So I decided to take a quick photo of the books Im reading right now.On top is a favorite devotional book for me right now. My secret prayer partner at church gave this to me for Mother's Day. I have finished reading 'The Power of a Praying Wife' & am almost done with 'The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children'. I'd definitely recomend this book to all wives/moms!!


Also in my stack is Wanda Brunstetter's 'On Her Own'.....which has kind of been set aside for the moment simply because it's mine & I need to read the library books first so I can get them back on time. The library books I have are by Shelley Shephard Gray. I finished up 'Hidden' the other day. It's the first in a series of three & I'm now reading the second one, 'Wanted'. I just happened upon her while browsing the shelves at the library the other week. Another really good author of Amish stories.


Challenge #4 at CUC was to do a birthday themed layout with one of the following as your title:

~Aged to Perfection

~Birthday Bash

~Birthday Boy/Girl

~Blow Out the Candles

~Celebrate!

~Hip, Hip Hooray....it's My Birthday!

~Look Who's (insert year)

~Oh Dear, Another Year

~Party Time!

~You Take the Cake


*******************

These pics were from Chris' 22nd birthday & Maw's 71st.


This last layout was done for a 'menu' challenge. Before the crop started we each had to pick our 'menu'......for example, here is what I chose.....


Appetizer- shrimp with mango chutney & avacados

Salad- mixed green salad with goat cheese

Main course- Steak Diane

Side Dish- Parmesan mashed potatoes

Beverage- fresh brewed raspberry infused iced tea

Dessert-birthday cake for everyone!


Then, once the crop got underway....they posted what each menu item stood for & that's what we had to use to create our layout.......


appetizer- flowers or stars

salad- stitching (real/rub-on/pen-stitching)

main course-2-3 photos

side dish-ONLY 2 patterned papers

beverage- handwritten journaling

Dessert- we had several items to choose from & I chose paint.


I had been hanging onto these funny pics of Charlie snoozing amongst the firewood this past winter......with Elliot's quote from 'Open Season' in the back of my mind. 'I thought 'LOG' was a color.'










1 comment:

Unknown said...

First let me say thanks for your always encouraging and sweet comments! You are truly a gift! You speak word's of truth and joy and it's such a blessing to have come to know you through the bloggy world!

Your photos...all of them are so great! So glad you are doing them! YOur layouts amazing too! I love the Log one :) Love the book list too... thanks for the recommendation! Oh and I love your favorite shoes! Too cute!