Monday, June 20, 2011

Maintaining Good Family Relationships

Seems like Maw & I are always talking about this & when I read this chapter in my Stormie Omartian book the other day, I just knew I wanted to share it here.




****************




'How many family relationships are left to chance because no one prays about them? Far too many, I suspect. It's sad to see families split apart & individual members have nothing to do with one another when they are grown. It's heartbreaking to think of that happening with our own children. Yet it doesn't have to be that way.




In Isaiah 58, God tells of all the wonderful things that will happen when we fast & pray. He says, "You shall raise up the foundations of many generations; & you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach." (Isaiah 58:12) God wants us to restore unity, to maintain the family bonds in the Lord, & to leave a spiritual inheritance of solidarity that can last for generations.'




***************




"Let us pursue the things which make for peace & the things by which on may edify another." (Romans 14: 19)




"Be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous." (I Peter 3:8)




"Behold, how good & pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity." (Psalm 133:1)




"...that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind...." (I Cor. 1:10)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful! WOW! So amazing and such a great reminder! I love the verses of promise and power through prayer and fasting! Thank you so much for sharing this!
I am going to post it on my blog! :) thanks!