Monday, June 27, 2011

Instilling the Desire to Learn

I'm still reading Stormie Omartian's The Power of a Praying Parent & today's chapter was entitled 'Instilling the Desire to Learn'. I'm praying this prayer over our upcoming school year......

For my kids at home:
'Lord, give them...a teachable spirit & an ability to learn. Instill in them a desire to attain knowledge...& may they have JOY in the process! I pray they will respect the wisdom of their parents & be willing to be taught by them.'

For Ashley:

'May she have the desire to be taught by the teachers You bring into her life. Handpick each one, Lord, & may they be godly people from whom she can easily learn. Take out of her life any teacher who would be an ungodly influence or create a bad learning experience. Let her find favor with her teachers & have good communication with them. Help her to excel in school & do well in any classes she may take. Make the pathways of learning smooth & not something with which she must strain & struggle. Connect everything in her brain the way it is supposed to be so that she has clarity of thought,organization, good memory & strong learning ability.'



'Lord, enable (all of them) to experience the joy of learning more about You & Your world.'




*************************




'All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.'


~Isaiah 54:13~


1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

You're so welcome. The alphas in the baggies were from my stash. The packaged ones on top were from GASC and I got me one of most of those too! You'll be missing some letters in the baggies. . . some are similar shapes and you can paint them to match. I'm into smaller letters these days. Enjoy! That was fun and alphas (& paper) are my 2 top faves! Cindy