Saturday, September 27, 2008

What's Been Happening.....

Basically just school & the usual everyday chores this week. I'm really loving Michael's new math book....Life of Fred. It's a literature based math book & really cool. Not only is he learning math, but lot's of english, grammar stuff along with it. For example: footnotes, onomatopoetic words such as Swish, buzzzzz,Whoosh, clank. Plurals of such words as mouse/mice, louse/lice.....but the plural of house isn't HICE...it's houses. Hyperbole-Exaggeration...like when mothers say, 'I've told you a million times to clean up your room!' Went to town ALONE yesterday! I picked up Chris & we met Ella & the gang at Chickfila for lunch. Sarah even stopped by & ate with us too. Chris' psych class was cancelled & so he wasn't in a rush to get back. After lunch we went by LifeWay so he could pick up a cd he wanted & then I dropped him back off at his dorm. After that, I met Sarah at Sam's & then just headed on back to get my groceries at Walmart. It was so rainy & yucky...I was really glad the kids had decided to stay home. Fixed grilled ham & cheese sandwiches for supper along with some chicken noodle soup. It really hit the spot on a yucky evening. We were just enjoying a lazy Friday evening....enjoying the thought of NOT having to get up early the next morning....contemplating whether to watch a movie or not.......when our power went out!! UGH! at 9:30pm. Clay had already gone up to bed with Michael & Alli since he had to get up about 4am. So, Ashley, Jon & I sat around the dining room table with two oil lamps & read for a while & finally went on upstairs a little after 10pm. So much for my 'movie night'. ;-P Woke up at 5:25am to lights, AC & the TV blaring hunting shows downstairs. UGH AGAIN!!! Since Clay had already left for work, 'I' had to go around turning everything off & then I didn't think I'd be able to get back to sleep again. But I refused to get up at 5:30 in the morning. Finally I was able to fall back asleep til about 7:30. At least I was able to have my morning coffee! ;-)

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

5:30 is too early!.

I'm glad your power came back on quickly though, before you lost any food in the freezer and fridge.