Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Joy of Thankfulness

*Taken from a little devotional book that Maw gave me for my Birthday 2 years ago called 'Joy For A Woman's Soul'.


 I don't know about you, but I don't want to live my life in the past lane. I want to find a zillion things to be thankful for today. One little girl was overjoyed one Thanksgiving Day because broccoli wasn't on the table! When God does make broccoli part of the menu, I've learned it's only because he has a greater good in mind.

What are you thankful for right this moment? Start today by being grateful for the tiniest things: water to drink, a moment to rest, the color of a flower or sunset or bird. A piece of bread. A song on the radio. Keep looking for sights, smells, sounds that make you feel pleasure. Write them down.

Let's decide to be thankful & encourage one another to cultivate grateful hearts. God is thankful for you. He gave his Son to reclaim your life. He invites you into the joy of salvation. That's an awful lot to be thankful for right there. And something else to be thankful for? The fact that you are here to be thankful!

--Barbara Johnson

************

So, tell me what you are thankful for today! Leave me a comment.

Today I'm thankful for:

*That God has blessed me with another year  * 5 wonderful kiddos * my amazing hubby * beautiful flowers that Chris brought me * The delicious cake that Alli baked for me * a jar full of my favorite candies from Ashley * the sunshine * our wood stove * kerosene heaters that keep our pipes from freezing when it's REALLY cold * music--listening to Third Day right now--Lift Up Your Face *

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

I am reading 1000 Gifts right now which is all about thankfulness but I am not doing all that great of a job of counting my blessings. I am certainly not poetic like the author of that book. :-P

I'm thankful for family and a heat pump that mostly works and groceries and really good friends.