20 Christmas Questions
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? The kids prefer wrapping paper. Now in all truth, I don't enjoy wrapping as much as I used to when I was younger. I LOVED wrapping back then. Now, I'm kind of partial to Sandee's deal with the homemade fabric gift bags that get reused year after year.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! Growing up we always had an artificial one.....our 'Charlie Brown' Christmas tree. But since marrying Clay, it has ALWAYS been a real tree. Even when we couldn't afford to go out & buy one.....I remember when Chris was little & walking through the woods & Clay cutting down a little cedary tree for us that year. A cedar tree (which Clay hates) has always reminded me of Christmas down here at Memaw's. I've always wanted to have a small cedar tree for my kitchen.....just for me....just because.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually it's sometime during the first week of December.
4. When do you take the tree down? Somewhere right around the first of the year. In the past few years.....what with Homeschooling & all.....I've decided that I like to have all the decorations down & the house cleaned up & back to normal before we start back into our routine for the new year.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm.....that's a tough one, but the first thought that popped into my head was my 10-speed bike when I was like in 6th grade. I remember getting it & just having to go right outside to ride it!
6. Hardest person to buy for? This year, I'd have to say Michael....no question about it!! He had his mind set on a new bow....but he & Clay didn't get his old bow listed/sold on ebay enough in advance to be able to afford shopping for a new one. It will get done.....just not by Christmas.......SOOO....he really hasn't had many ideas to throw our way as far as gift-giving this year.
7. Easiest person to buy for? The girls, for sure! I could find a million-and-one things to get for them.....gifts & stocking stuffers! I just have to make myself QUIT when I hit our limit.
8. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail of course! It's just something about getting actual mail in your mailbox.....running down to check to see who you got a card from today. This was the first time in years that I didn't actually MAKE my own Christmas cards. I bought them last year after Christmas from Target. But I think I will definitely go back to making my own again for next year. It's just something special about a home-made card, I think.
9. Favorite Christmas Movie? How about my Top Five...in no specific order. White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, Elf, Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right after Christmas when all the stuff goes on sale! Especially buying up stuff like gift wrap & little ornaments & seasonal items, etc.
11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes......'and that's all I have to say about that!'
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas morning it must be cinnamon buns & coffee for breakfast. Then our Christmas dinners at Maw's house are always very traditional. Turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, gravy, green beans, corn pudding & definitely pumpkin pies for dessert!
13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Colored....ever since the kids were little they've wanted the colorful lights as opposed to just the plain clear ones. I must admit that it's very nostalgic.
14. Favourite Christmas song? Right now....this year.....I can say right off that I have TWO favorites. 'Christmas Offering' by Casting Crowns & 'Christmas This Year' by Toby Mac. And of course I gotta have my Chris Tomlin cd- Glory in the Highest..........and I'll also add the Carpenter's Christmas album.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home & then we always go to Maw's house in the afternoon/evening for our Family Christmas dinner & presents there with Sarah & family. This year we are so blessed to have Aunt Vada, Johnny & Wendy there too to help us celebrate!!
16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Star. We used to have a crocheted angel that Aunt Mamie had made for us, but she was kind of getting smooshed with use over the years & so I retired her & got the star. I didn't want anything to happen to aunt Mamie's angel so she's packed away safe & sound.
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Definitely Christmas morning! I never understood why anyone would do presents on Christmas eve......what do you do on Christmas morning then??
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Grumpy Christmas scrooges! Smile & share the joy.....it's a time of celebration!
19. What do you want for Christmas this year? Some new slippers.....my old ones have had it!
20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I don’t do color themes. I prefer to have a collection of items that have in common the fact that I Like Them, and this has served me well so far.
Well that was fun wasn’t it? Anyone else want to play 20 questions? Please link me if you do... I’m being nosy about your Christmas traditions :-D