Friday, January 04, 2008

The perscription saga continues............................

Called the Dr. this morning......they said the scripts HAD been called in, but she double-checked everything for me & made sure...said I could pick it up this afternoon. Told her I did NOT want to go into the weekend like this. SO........after my all-day-long trip to town for groceries & errands I stop by there this evening to pick it up. Have to WAIT of course, behind like 3 other people while they take their time & chit-chat with the pharmacist ( & I mean chit-chat too....not questions about medication) Finally she hands me my 3 scripts, around the person she's working with, & tells me I can pay for them up front. I peek in the one bag to make sure it's what it's supposed to be, pay for them & head home. After I put all the groceries away, I'm putting the medicine on the shelf & realize that the one in Clay's name is some kind of pills! Get to looking more closely & it's some Thyroid meds NOT even prescribed by MY Dr.......what the heck???! I was upset at them & upset at myself for not checking better! I'm too trusting....I had no reason to question that after TWO days of hassle it wasn't what I was supposed to be getting. I fixed the kids some supper first & then called out there.......she goes Oh yeah.....we have your script here....you can come pick it up. Just like it was no big deal! AAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

That's just crazy and negligent on their part. What if it would have been someone expecting pill, but didn't realize that they were the wrong kind...how scary!!!!!

Amy said...

Exactly!! My best friend says I need to let the manager know about it!