Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Bit Nippy Out...

-Day 17-

I went to let Bunny & Sanji in this morning & this is what the cat's water pan looked like. Gives you a little idea of just how cold it is this morning. I looked at out little digi thermometer that Clay has sitting out on the front porch & it was so cold that it wasn't registering anything but 'Lo'.......online, it said it was 1 degree at 7:53 am. Brrrrrr! But despite the fact, that it's colder this morning than yesterday morning, we managed to keep our pipes from freezing up & we still have water. PTL! I guess having that extra little heater that I bought yesterday was totally worth the $17 I spent on it. ;-) We had a little heater AND a heat lamp out in the pump house, a little heater on the back porch plus the kero heater sitting on the deep freeze in Memaw's bedroom.

-Day 16-



Just a picture of 'OUR' Walmart. I say OUR Walmart because that's how we distinguish between the Madison Heights Walmart & the one in Lynchburg. I know the one in Lynchburg is all nice & newly redone, but I still hate it......I don't know where anything is & it seems to me no rhyme or reason to how things are organized (or maybe I should say NOT organized) in there. I like OUR Walmart....I know right where everything is & how much it all costs, etc. Just a little slice of my everyday life. ;-)





3 comments:

Sandee said...

Watch out, because now that you have told the world how much you love the way your WalMart is organized....it is bound to be tossed up like a summer salad and you won't be able to find anything! I think "they" like to keep us wandering the aisles in search of what we need, and along the way we purchase what we don't need. One day, I'll share the photo of our WalMart....very different from the others in our area because Eagle Point demanded it look like the Pacific Northwest...whatever that means!

Shelly said...

I love your picture of the ice in the water pan. I know it is hard breaking it loose to put fresh water in for the animals. I remember having to do that a few winters back for our dog JD.

You are right about Walmart! I have to psyche myself up to go....

Tammy Folk said...

OMG frozen water....now that's cold...I swear Amy, I'm loving your choice of pictures!!

Are you finding yourself planning for future pictures yet?