Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 11

The main thing on my 'To-Do' list yesterday was to get myself at least somewhat organized for back-to-school this week. We want to start a unit study on nutrition & manners (the manners part is Ashley's idea...for some reason she thinks her brothers need a crash course in manners & I figured it couldn't hurt. LOL) BUT, that will have to wait until next week to begin...I need to get an ink cartridge for my printer & until then I can't print anything. My goal for this week is to ease back into the routine....basically starting with math & maybe them reading some History on their own. Ashley doesn't have too many chapters left in her History book & Jon only has one chapter left. Why in the world that didn't just get finished up BEFORE the Christmas break I'll never know...but anyway. Jon continues to plug along in the Harry Potter series for his literature reading. He's almost done with the 5th book now. And Ashley...well, she's still reading everything in sight & LOVING all the 'classic' literature these days. To think this child who was SO HARD to teach when she was younger.....just devours all this stuff of her own free will now. Whoever said the teen years were the worst?! I beg to differ!!! Here recently she's read all the Anne of Green Gables books that I have or that she can find at the library, Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, lots of stuff by Edgar Allen Poe, she just finished reading Little Women & will start on Great Expectations now.We sat down together & watched Little Women last night. I hadn't watched it in forever & realized all over again what an awesome movie it is. And while Ashley liked the movie, she said the book was better! (Can you believe that's one book that I somehow missed reading along the way.) Maybe in my spare time I can sit down & read that one. ;-)

No comments: