Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Year, New Scrappy Challenges

I had the first challenge of the New Year over at Cookin' Up Creations.

Wow...I'm honored to bring you the very first challenge of our brand New Year! Our focus this month is going to be 'Scrapping our Stash'.....using up all the lovely goodies that we have hoarded away. I was looking through my newest issue of Scrapbooks etc. & ran across this layout & immediately knew that it would be perfect for a 'Stash buster' challenge.





I loved the paper strips woven into a photo mat....a great way to add texture without alot of bulk....plus an awesome way to use up those skinny little scraps of paper!! So, my challenge to you is to use the above page as your inspiration & do a little paper strip weaving of your own. I'll be anxious to see what y'all come up with! Remember you must complete ONE layout or TWO cards to be entered into the drawing for the monthly prize. Below is my example....pretty simple & easy.....& I'm really happy with the way it turned out. What a great way to use up my stash!

Below is yet another NY page for Clay's album. I used today's sketch challenge from CUC for this one. Little by little I'm getting these pictures scrapped. ;-)
We have a few days into the first of each month to catch up on challenges from the previous month before all the layouts are counted & entered into the prize drawing. So......yesterday I did these cards......
The butterfly cards were done for the challenge to use LOTS of punchies...
...and these were done for the paper-piecing challenge.
Just a little close-up of my topiaries.....

No comments: