Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Peek into my Art Jouranl.....

Ashley's treat that she got from King's Dominion.Today's 'school' is learning how to use our new smoker....



Clay & Jon split up a bunch of Hickory wood & we are smoking two chickens for supper tonight. It smells SO good outside.....the kids said it smells like the Fall Festival. Mmmmmmm!
********************************************
OK, here's the beginnings of my art journal. I am having so much fun playing around with this. I have so many ideas floating around in my head all the time & I am so loving looking at all the different blogs I've come across through this.
I started off with the thoughts of keeping a Gratitude/Art journal & realized that this was also a good place to include special scriptures that I come across on a day to day basis that I want to remember or that mean something special to me on a certain day...
This is a combination of water colors & acrylic paints. I absolutely LOVE the way water colors look & the way they 'crumple' the page as they dry.

These two pages were so fun to do....both pages have a base of gesso, a torn page from an old book glued down & kind of painted over. The first side I used an old vintage Valentine cut-out, spritzed some walnut ink all over, stamped the word 'LOVE' & then painted the gold dots with a pencil eraser. The flowers on the pink page were just some scraps of scrapping paper that I had saved....cut them apart & pieced them back together here & then outlined the whole thing with black acrylic paint.

The background for this was done with watercolors & the rest I just borrowed Alli's water based markers & doodled away.

I really like how this one turned out. This was the page shown previously that had been stamped with TP tube dipped in acrylic paint. I went back the other night after my devotions & filled the circles in with several verses about rejoicing/praising the Lord. The next day, I doodled around them all with my black pen & then even later, decided that the whole thing needed some color & so I broke out the water colors & voila! I LOVE it!
Just a bunch of water color painting over gesso....outlined with black pen & just awaiting whatever I decide to do with these pages. It just hasn't hit me yet. LOL

This is another page with acrylic background & then scraps of paper used to piece together my design & black paint outlines the whole thing.
Someone left a half of an apple on the table yesterday & while I was fixing supper I grabbed my paint & painted it & then stamped in my journal. I immediately knew the verse I wanted to use with this.

A couple pieces in the works here. I found this 7 of hearts card & knew I needed to use it somehow to represent our family. So far, I've water colored the background, glued down a piece of a doilie, the card & some buttons. The card has a very thin coat of gesso on it....just enough to give me some 'grip' so I could write......I outlined the hearts & put each one of our initials on a heart. Will see how it all turns out in the end. I LOVE this other little tag that I had saved......the texture of it was like water color paper to begin with so I painted it & now I need to add some cool ribbon or funky fiber to it & see where that takes me.........













1 comment:

Patti said...

Amy, I love your journal! My fav so far is the tp circles and the way you filled in the scriptures and colors! Keep it up, girl!
blessings!