Thursday, August 05, 2010

Some of my recent Scrappy-ness

I've found a new blog that I've really been enjoying here lately......check it out over in my blog list.....Balzer Designs. She is so artsy & very talented. Anyway, my layout below was inspired by some of her creations. I love how she uses all the hand-drawn lettering on her LOs.This was the youth group right before they loaded up & headed out to Kentucky. Ephesians 3:20 was their theme verse for the trip.

Ashley, the day she finally got her learner's permit. The combination of patterned papers here come from a pad I picked up at Walmart.....the colors & patterns are just so fun & summery! I cut the rainbow & clouds from a different paper that I picked up at Michaels....added some buttons, hand-stitching & a little glitter glue......Oh and another hand-drawn title. ;-)

I'm totally enjoying just 'free-styling' it here recently with my scrapping.....no sketches, no magazine ideas or challenges.......just playing with my stuff....scrapping the pics that I want with the stories that I want to go with them. Here I took two identical papers & used one for the base & the other I cut out some of the patterns & layered them over the base piece & used pop dots to elevate & give some dimension. I also used paint to kind of 'grunge up' the look......painted the chipboard letters, splattered white paint on the background & even painted the edges of my pictures. These are just a few random pics that Alli took one night while she & Michael were upstairs goofing around. These kinds of pics usually turn out to be some of my favorite memories.....just the silly CRAZY everyday stuff.
Just a fun layout of Alli & Cori.....Alli took the pic herself. I got the idea for the diamond mosaic background from one of the blogs I read.......just can't remember whose right now......so if it was yours please leave me a comment so I can give credit for the idea........I just made a sketch in my notebook & forgot to jot down the blog like I usually do. I love how this turned out....so pretty & girly!

Pics from our 10 Year Anniversary celebration at Calvary Chapel Amherst. Some more 'free-styling' here......I used just ONE piece of double-sided patterned paper for this layout. I was able to cut out the 'laugh, dance...' words that go up the side, the flowers & little birdie from the flip-side of the paper. Added a little watered down white acrylic paint to make a white wash for the background...added all my little cut-outs, hand-cut a big '10' & did my journaling.....super easy!

And lastly, pics from back in the fall of the boys stacking firewood. This was another case of using just ONE piece of double-sided patterned paper...and one little 'flip notes' from Pink Paislee that I cut in half....added my journaling & a little gold glitter glue & voila!







2 comments:

Fatcat said...

You're so creative. I love these. I wish I could bring you all my pictures and have you scrap them for me!

Unknown said...

Great layoutsI love the first one! You have been scrappin!!! That's inspiring! I hope to scrap some more this weekend! Blessings!