Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Love Dare

I've been typing up Ashley's transcripts for LU & in the process going back through my blog entries to make sure I get everything down that I need to as far as our schooling goes and I came across this entry. I posted this after reading 'The Love Dare' & after reading over it this morning, I thought it was worth reposting again for everyone to read.

************************************


Just finished reading 'The Love Dare' this morning. Wow....another awesome book!
Here are some of my favorite snippets.............*Great marriages are not created by people who never hurt each other, only by people who choose to keep "no record of wrongs"* Love puts the focus on personal responsibility & improving yourself rather than on demanding more from others* The love that's demanded from you in marriage is not dependant on your mate's sweetness or suitability. The love between a husband & wife should have one chief objective: honoring the Lord with devotion & sincerity.* You must guard yourself against the wrong influencers. Everyone has an opinion & some people will encourage you to act selfishly & leave your mate in order to pursue your own happiness. Be careful about listening to advice from people who don't have a good marriage themselves!* Though threatened, it keeps pursuing. Though challenged, it keeps moving forward. Though mistreated & rejected, it refuses to give up. Love NEVER fails. NEVER!* Especially if your spouse is not in a place of receiving your love right now, the act of covenant keeping can grow more daunting with each passing day. But marriage is not a 'contract' with escape clauses & exception wordings. Marriage is a 'covenant' intended to cut off all avenues of retreat or withdrawal. There's nothing in all the world that should sever what God has joined together. Your love is based on covenant.* Malachi 2:16- For I hate divorce, says the Lord, the God of Israel. * The time is now, to renew your covenant of love in all sincerity & surrneder. Love is too holy a treasure to trade in for another, & too powerful a bond to be broken without DIRE CONSEQUENCES. Your life together is before you. Dare to take hold of it & NEVER let go. We dare you!*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! You have no idea how blessed I am to be reading this! It came at a perfect time and I appreciate you sharing! thank you!