Monday, January 31, 2011

Zentangle

What is Zentangle?
Zentangle is an easy to learn method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is a fascinating new art form that is fun and relaxing. It increases focus and creativity. Zentangle provides artistic satisfaction and an increased sense of personal well being. Zentangle is enjoyed by a wide range of skills and ages and is used in many fields of interest.
Was reading about this on Julie's blog this morning & started googling & doodling & this is what I ended up with......

So much fun....I can totally see myself doing this ALOT!

My art journal was laying on the table.....right out where it needs to be, right? So, I grabbed an old paper towel tube & some acrylic paint. I LOVE doing this.....I've done it before on another page. Anyway.....I came back later, after the blue stamped circles had dried & grabbed my watercolors & the brushes that are also on the table & real quick-like, I added some watercolor circles & splatters. So, there ya have my 10 minutes of art journaling today. I have a spread prepped & ready for whatever else I decide to add here. Right now, I'm just enjoying looking at it as is.
***************
A couple more layouts that I did on Saturday....finally added the journaling & titles so I could post....

Just a couple of random shots from my day back on Dec. 9,'10......spent my day reading, baking cookies & later that evening, Ashley & I met Maw at Starbucks for coffee & then headed up to see 'A Christmas Carol' at the LU Tower Theater.

Love this pic of Clay with his new taco holder that Jon made him!!
Alli came into the kitchen this evening to give me this picture that she had drawn for me. Isn't it cool? I just love that bunny's face....he has the cutest eyes! Such a talented little artist I have!








2 comments:

Sandee said...

I can't wait to attempt Zentangle. Alli's perspective is great...just look at the angles in that barn! Wow! That's not easy to do. Nice picture, Alli.

Sandy said...

You REALLY DO have a budding artist there in Alli!