Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We Have this Moment Today

Was just washing dishes this morning & thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for & I was particularly thankful for homeschooling & the fact, like I posted yesterday, that I can let my older kids stay up late these nights & enjoy their time together & not have to worry about getting them up early to go off to school the next morning. That our schedule can be flexible & we can enjoy Chris' time here before he goes back to school. And the whole while I can revel in the fact that they love each other & enjoy each other's company....I know that's a blessing in & of itself. While all this was going through my head, this old Gaither song came to mind & I thought it was worth sharing here today! So, go out & enjoy this day that the Lord has made!! :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Hold tight to the sound
of the music of living,
Happy songs from the laughter
of children at play;
Hold my hand as we run
through the sweet fragrant meadows,
Making mem'ries of what was today.

*********************
Chorus:
We have this moment
to hold in our hands and to touch
as it slips through our fingers like sand;
Yesterday's gone
and tomorrow may never come,
But we have this moment today.

********************
Tiny voice that I hear
is my little girl calling,
For Daddy to hear
just what she has to say;
And my little son
running there by the hillside,
May never be quite like today.

*****************
Tender words, gentle touch
and a good cup of coffee,
And someone who loves me
and wants me to stay;
Hold them near while they're here
and don't wait for tomorrow,
To look back and wish for today.

*********************
Take the blue of the sky
and the green of the forest,
And the gold and the brown
of the freshly mown hay;
Add the pale shades of spring
and the circus of autumn,
And weave you a lovely today.

No comments: