Monday, February 18, 2008

Oceanography

Well, we started a new unit this morning....we're studying Oceanography. Another really cool unit from the Homeschool Estore. I love how these units are set up to accomodate all the grade levels. This one has outlines for Primary, Elementary,Intermediate & Advanced. Today was basically an intro stating that we will be studying the ocean lands....that is the land under water. Things like mountains, volcanoes, canyons,etc. Today we mapped the seven continents, all the oceans & Ashley added some of the currents. The scripture of the day is: Genesis 1:9-10,'And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered into one place, and let the dry ground appear." And it was so. God called the dry ground "land", and the gathered waters He called "seas". And God saw that it was good.'

Going to the library tomorrow to get some books from their suggested reading list. 'Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie!' for Michael & Alli; 'Jacob Have I Loved' for Ashley & 'Captains Courageous' for Jon.

Ran by the two craft stores (Michael's & AC Moore) when I went to get Chris this afternoon. Wanted to check out the President's Day sales. Nothing caught my eye at Michael's; but I did get a new 'Made Just For You' stamp at AC Moore for $2 off, plus a new card book for half off. Now to whittle me out some creative time to make some cards! No time for 'play' this afternoon/evening.....I ALMOST finished reading my book (The Betrayal) before supper...only ONE more stinkin' chapter to go now. Then I fixed chicken & stuffing (it was in the crock pot all afternoon)some lima beans, corn & ronis for supper. After that, Ashley did the dishes while I helped get Alli started on her bath, then I folded & put away 4 baskets of laundry! Now, I think I'm headed on upstairs.....gotta finish that last chapter & then start on 'October's Song'. Will be up & at 'em EARLY tomorrow....the girls have been asking to go shopping one day & tomorrow is it. So we will drop Chris at class at 9am & then shop & do lunch til 2pm.

3 comments:

Nett said...

Looks like the perfect time to take a field trip to the ocean!

Fatcat said...

Is this the unit from Christian Cottage? We did it last January and loved it! Have fun!

Amy said...

OK.......I have a cousin that lives at the beach.....Hmmmmmm. Might have to go visit! Hee! Hee!


I'm not sure, Dana. I DLed it from the Homeschool Estore back after Thanksgiving when they had tons of free DLs......YEP, it is....I just checked.